The Rio Group
- Diverse: International diversified engineering consulting firm
- Established: Substantial practice in Florida – 5 Offices and over 180 employees.
- Leadership: Lead all disciplines across all 5 offices.
- Growth: Prioritize internal promotion.
This is a key position – directs and will help build/manage the Orlando office operations. Responsible for daily operations to include financial planning and performance, project performance, project delivery, quality services, accounts receivable/collections, resource management, client satisfaction, client development, business development, staff development, human resources, and corporate interface. The Unit Manager will organize the office to suit the local marketplace, to create an efficient functional operation and to provide quality services. The Unit Manager will also work collaboratively with other offices in the South Region.
What you will do:
- Accountable for preparing the Annual Operating Plan for Orlando as a guideline for profit and growth goals.
- Accountable for office monthly financial performance. Critically assesses quarterly office financial performance and submits Quarterly Performance and Forecast Reports to Regional Director.
- Accountable for office monthly project financial performance. Meets with project managers to critically assess project financial performance, takes immediate action to remedy problems and provides direction to project managers on means to avoid potential problems. Responsible for supervising, training, mentoring and monitoring the financial performance of project managers. Accountability includes job number assignments for budget control/monitoring, the cost to complete analysis (quarterly minimum time period, monthly after 75% of budget expended), monitoring invoice process, accounts receivable and collections.
- Directs project managers as they conduct project delivery functions: negotiations, Work Plan preparation, resource allocation, monitoring project technical progress on a monthly basis (minimum time period), project progress report preparation, etc. Implements established project management procedures and guidelines in the office(s).
- Personally reviews and approves all work plans, budgets, and schedules for projects with contract gross fees over $250k. Discusses all projects with gross fees over $500k with Regional Director prior to initiating negotiations.
- Accountable for monthly resource allocation process. Meets with project managers, group managers and key technical staff. Resolves all conflicts regarding staffing so project managers can fulfill project obligations. When necessary, contacts the Regional Director or other offices for possible interoffice help or for interoffice assignments. Maintains Unit office utilization at target levels. May delegate resource allocation process to group managers, however, remains accountable to Regional Director for resource allocation.
- Directs and participates in the hiring and termination process for the Unit. Works with group managers and key staff in the process as necessary. Communicates with the District Director and Director of Human Resources regarding employment issues, related company policy and support.
- Ensures that employees comply with company policies and procedures.
- Serves as TYLI’s representative to the local public. Strives to enhance the firm’s image through personal leadership, membership in community organizations, and active participation in local professional societies. Participates in marketing and sales efforts by assisting project managers with proposal strategies and proposal/presentation efforts. Maintains communications regarding marketing information related to clients assigned to a Business Development Manager or assigned Client Managers.
- Serves as Principal-in-charge or Project Manager for certain projects.
- Maintains effective working relationships and open communications with other Unit Managers, corporate Group Managers and LOB Directors to secure appropriate support and resources necessary to maintain a highly functioning and profitable Unit.
- Implements directions and instructions from the Regional Director and takes any reasonable action to perform duties and responsibilities.
- As a “Practice Builder”, the Unit Manager is responsible for maintaining sufficient qualified staff resources and growing the practice geographically, acquiring new clients and constantly improving services offerings to our clients.
- Lead project teams in developing the proposal content appropriate for interviews and presentations including determining the appropriate participation by specific personnel.
What you will need:
- Requires BSCE degree.
- Florida P.E. license required and at least 10 years of experience.
- Experience managing budgets, operating plans and win plans and proposal development.
- Proven leadership ability and successful track record running and office and/or large department.
- Experience in marketing and business development.
- Extensive experience with project management.
- Excellent client relationships with DOT and local agencies.
- This is a “Business Management” position and the successful candidate has the proven ability to be a “Practice Builder” and Client Manager.
For more information, please email Holly Johnson
at email@example.com and include your resume
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org