The Rio Group
Residential New Construction Superintendent
Bring your experience as a builder, superintendent, project manager, foreman, etc. and join our client, a Fortune 500 home builder in a high growth market in Central Florida.
- Stability / Capital Commitment: Recent mammoth reinvestment in division land position secured 1000s of new lots across Ocala-Gainesville area; Top 2 national home builder!
- High earnings potential: Competitive base salary + uncapped quarterly bonus potential.
- Career growth: Top performing division nationwide that is committed to grooming future construction leaders internally (all current area managers have been promoted from within).
What you’ll do:
Manage all functions of construction job sites in specific developments in the Greater Ocala area as it relates to new home construction. Manage construction of multiple homes and/or multi-family units from foundation through closing while maximizing profits and maintaining excellence.
- Schedule all involved contractors on-site as well as off-site for each phase of development and construction. Complete each home site on schedule from planning through occupancy, ensuring that all contract obligations are satisfied. Approves work being performed by subcontractors and handles any issues that may arise.
- Achieve the highest quality work and homeowner satisfaction through effective management of resources and the construction process.
- Ensure job sites adhere to company safety and SWPPP standards.
- Assist in resolving issues/conflicts related to daily construction activities (e.g., vendor contracts, work orders, job progress, design).
- Confirm all approved plans to verify the home site is built per plan and specifications. Ensure that the selected options and upgrades are implemented during construction and for homeowner walk-through.
- Maintain a safe work site by implementing good housekeeping regulations and safety requirements, enforcing safe work habits and observing OSHA and any state-level agencies’ regulations.
- Be aware of ever-changing applicable building codes and OSHA requirements.
- Monitor subdivision cleanliness and hold the subcontractors responsible for daily clean-up.
- Conduct detailed inspections after each trade has completed its tasks and before any work is authorized
- Establish and maintain contact with appropriate city officials and inspectors as needed and verify that city final is complete and passed by the city inspector.
- Manage project close-out and final documentation.
- Collaborate with trade partners throughout the construction process and 1st-year warranty to improve quality.
- Total involvement with training, communication and development of Assistant Superintendents and field personnel as assigned.
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years of construction related field and project management experience.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Spec, tract or production homebuilding experience highly preferred.
- High school diploma/GED required, bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ability to read blueprints, write and communicate effectively, make correct decisions, and delegate work effectively.
- Knowledge of municipal permitting and regulations, construction management, construction related software (E-Schedule) and Florida building codes.
- Self-starter with the ability to manage construction of numerous homes simultaneously delivering them on time and in budget.
- High-potential leadership skills – numerous promotional opportunities down the road.
For more information, please email Jeremy Chaffin
At firstname.lastname@example.org and include your resume
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com