The Rio Group
Residential Construction Superintendent
Bring your experience as a Builder, Superintendent, Project Manager, Construction Manager, Foreman, etc. and join our client, one of the strongest and oldest privately-held home builders in a high growth market in Central Florida.
- Stability: Company has a history of no layoffs during downturns due to strong financial position (zero debt).
- Land Position: 1000’s of secured and debt-free lots; 10+ years of buildable land currently held.
- Quality / Sustainability: Premier 55+ active adult community focused on green and sustainability practices.
- Compensation / Benefits: Competitive compensation and full array of benefits; including several discounts for services, products and leisure activities.
What you’ll do:
- Manage all functions of construction job sites in specific developments in the Ocala area as it relates to new home construction. Manage construction of multiple homes from foundation through closing while maintaining excellence and maximizing profit.
- Ensure work is performed by subcontractors meets Company quality standards and practices and ultimately, customer satisfaction utilizing green and sustainable building practices.
- Handles any issues that may arise. Ensure involved contractors on-site as well as off-site for each phase of development and construction are adhered to. Complete each home site on schedule from planning through occupancy, ensuring that all contract obligations are satisfied.
- Ensure job sites adhere to company safety and SWPPP standards.
- Assist in resolving issues/conflicts related to daily construction activities (e.g., vendor contracts, work orders, job progress, design).
- Confirm all approved plans to verify the home site is built per plan and specifications. Ensure that the selected options and upgrades are implemented during construction and for homeowner walk-through.
- Maintain a safe work site by implementing good housekeeping regulations and safety requirements, enforcing safe work habits and observing OSHA and any state-level agencies’ regulations.
- Be aware of ever-changing applicable building codes and OSHA requirements.
- Monitor subdivision cleanliness and hold the subcontractors responsible for daily clean-up.
- Conduct detailed inspections after each trade has completed its tasks and before any work is authorized.
- Establish and maintain contact with appropriate city officials and inspectors as needed and verify that city final is complete and passed by the city inspector.
- Manage project close-out and final documentation.
- Collaborate with trade partners throughout the construction process and warranty department to improve quality.
- Total involvement with training, communication and development of Assistant Superintendents and field personnel as assigned.
What you’ll need:
- High school diploma/GED required, Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of construction experience with a minimum of 1-year related field and project management experience
- Spec, tract or production homebuilding experience highly preferred
- Valid Driver’s license
- Up-to-date CPR/AED Certificate and OSHA training; Florida Contractor’s License preferred
- Ability to read blueprints, write and communicate effectively, make correct decisions, and delegate work effectively
- Knowledge of municipal permitting and regulations, construction management, construction related software (E-Schedule) and Florida building codes
- Self-starter with the ability to manage the construction of numerous homes simultaneously delivering them on time and in the budget.
- High-potential leadership skills – numerous promotional opportunities down the road
For more information, please email Jeremy Chaffin
email@example.com include your resume
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org