Residential Construction Manager – Tract/Production
Greater Detroit Area, MI
Bring your residential production experience as a Construction Manager, Field Manager, Builder, Superintendent, Project Manager, Foreman, and join a top-ranked national home builder in their most recent Michigan expansion.
- Land Position and Capital Investment: Recent $100 million expansion investment securing years of land with a commitment to continued land acquisition.
- Growth and Local Market Share Leader: More than doubled national annual closings in the past 10 years; top 3 local market share home builder.
- Compensation & Advancement: Guaranteed minimum total compensation package includes base salary, overtime, quarterly production-based, and annual survey-based bonuses; multiple, organic-growth and diverse promotional paths.
What you’ll do:
- Supervise and coordinate the on-site construction activities for assigned communities. Monitor the completion of each construction phase through coordination, scheduling, and inspection of each unit. Ensure quality workmanship and customer satisfaction in accordance with Company goals and objectives from start to close.
- Assist in budgeting time requirements to complete each phase of construction and meet deadlines by scheduling subcontractor work and deliveries; coordinating and monitoring the progress of work; completion and closing dates.
- Act as liaison between operations, subcontractors and vendors; supervise and monitor work of subcontractors; provide follow up to ensure completion of work and accurate, timely deliveries.
- Review the production of homes daily via inspections during various construction phases to ensure quality control; monitor progress including delivery and use of materials, supplies, tools, machinery, equipment, and vehicles.
- Review and analyze site plans and blueprints in order to monitor and ensure plan compliance.
- Build sustainable relationships of trust with the homeowner through open and interactive communication: Conduct pre-construction and pre-settlement meetings with a home buyer; resolve customer service issues and production problems during the construction phase to maintain customer satisfaction; complete finishing and warranty work as required.
- Coordinate with Sales personnel to manage neighborhood and customer activities and referrals.
- Ensure job sites adhere to company safety and SWPPP standards.
- Assist in resolving issues/conflicts related to daily construction activities (e.g., vendor contracts, work orders, job progress, design) ensuring trade partner work is completed on time and within defined standards for quality.
- Inspect/validate workmanship and product quality to conform to Company standards.
- Monitor and implement subdivision cleanliness policies.
- Conduct detailed inspections after each trade has completed its tasks and before any work is authorized for payment.
- Establish and maintain contact with appropriate city officials and inspectors as needed and verify that the city final is complete and passed by the city inspector.
- Manage project close-out and final documentation.
- Assist with special projects as requested and perform additional duties as required.
What you’ll need:
- 1+ years’ previous or current, residential, new spec, tract or production construction management experience required
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree preferred; high school diploma/GED required
- Valid driver’s license required
- Pre-employment substance abuse testing required
- Ability to adapt and work effectively in a fast-paced environment with the ability to coordinate several simultaneous activities and functions.
- Prompt, decision-making and problem-solving abilities to select among other courses of action within budget limitations.
- Customer-service oriented interpersonal skills; good verbal and written communication skills for interaction with a variety of people inside and outside the organization.
- Knowledge of municipal permitting and regulations, construction management, construction related software (BuildPro) and state & local building codes.
- Strong maintenance and carpentry skills; blueprint reading; use of hand and power tools.
For more information, please email Jeremy Chaffin
at email@example.com and include your resume