The Rio Group
Region Vice President of Land Investments and Community Development
Salt Lake City, UT
- Deploying Capital: Our client has deployed more (organic) capital into new community developments / new markets since 2018 than in the entire history of the company combined.
- On Their Way to #1: Aided by their new partnership with a top National Homebuilder, our client has aggressive plans to 10x in size and become the largest publicly traded land developer in the USA.
- Exposure to Executives: Smaller company feel with a flatter org chat and an involved C-Suite.
- Start a New Region: Opportunity to grow the footprint of company / build a team of real estate development professionals.
- Job Security: Looking ahead, this firm already has a completely liquid fund ready for distressed asset purchasing when a market correction occurs.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the efforts related to acquisition and development of real estate projects (land) across a specified market.
- Develop and oversee an executive team to implement strategic project capitalization and financial structures; marketing efforts, relationships and homesite sales with homebuilder clients; negotiating the acquisition of properties; creating thoughtful community design built around our consumer lifestyle; design and construction of community amenities; operating community associations and facilities; executing governmental authorizations for infrastructure construction with balanced solutions through social, economic and environmental sustainability.
- Plans, directs and coordinates acquisition and land development activities for several western states
- Manage assets for specific real estate projects
- Negotiating the acquisition of properties with landowners, attorneys or brokers
- As part of the project capitalization, overseeing formation and implementation of any special financing districts.
- Prepare memoranda and other documentation and analytics for corporate approval for land buys
- Managing due diligence process on land acquisition opportunities, including initial master planning work in close coordination with internal design and land development teams
- Overseeing and implementing all aspects of real estate entitlement including annexation, zoning, platting, permitting & licensing, use restrictions, capacity reservations, vesting, development agreements, tax abatements and other activities. Managing consultants needed to assist in the activities mentioned above.
- Securing approvals for development and construction with federal, state and local jurisdiction officials
- Overseeing preparation of plats and plans, supervises the bid process for construction contractors
- Monitoring development phases and entitlement processes post-closing
- Overseeing all ongoing property maintenance and HOA management (including the creation).
- Assists with negotiations for the sale of residential lots to homebuilders as well as commercial tracts
- Responsible for financial administration and overall performance of all projects including budgeting and forecasting, variance analysis, risk management, sustainability programs.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 10+ years of senior level management experience acquiring and developing land for residential product.
- A strong financial, acquisitions and due diligence background to justify investment opportunities.
- Knowledge of the Western US / Pacific Northwest land markets to include experience developing relationships with local landowners, brokers, civic officials, zoning officials, engineering community, etc would be a strong benefit.
- Experience working within a “growth environment” for a firm going through heavy expansion would be a plus.
For more information, please email Mike Sachs
at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your resume
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com