Manager of Continuous Improvement
Bring your expertise as Continuous Improvement Manager and join a top 10 distribution and fulfillment company that is focused on improving costing/pricing, facility layout, new facility transitions, continuous improvements within all areas. The company is looking for a CI Manager that is excited about change: can analyze various business functions and make improvement recommendations.
- Sustainability: Been in business since 1950 – exceeding 600 million in revenue.
- Top 10: Top 10 Logistics Provider.
- Reputation: Fully integrated logistics provider managing over 90 distribution facilities with more than 30 million square feet of space. Company serves over 200 clients with varying logistics needs.
What you’ll do:
- Leads and supports the development of key aspects of the transformation and continuous improvement of the Company’s Operation System to drive results and enable efficiency, effectiveness and productivity improvements across the enterprise. Success in this position will be determined to utilize a qualitative and quantitative approach regarding this position’s impact in the following areas:
- Continuous Improvement of the Company’s Operating System (KOS).
- Effective leadership of the Continuous Improvement Engineering Team.
- Partnering closely with executives and site leadership to enable sites to achieve Operating System maturity targets.
- Tracking value (VCI) created by the Continuous Improvement Engineering team.
- Ensure Work Measurement system effectivity.
- Coach/mentor at all levels of the organization regarding all change management initiatives.
Ability to coach and mentor at all levels at clients’ sites in the deployment of the following skills.
- Kaizen facilitation
- Line Balancing and one-piece flow analysis
- Takt time methods
- Project Management abilities
- Value Stream Mapping (VSM)
- Process mapping and data collection
- Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA)
- Process Capability and performance (Cp/Cpk)
- Exploratory Data Analysis, Hypothesis Testing and Analytical methods
- Process Improvement Methods
- Waste Analysis (VA-NVA)
- Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Control Charting and Control Planning
- Ability to align the organization around lean principles and drive the establishment of lean systems in all areas through the use of Hoshin planning activities.
- Ensure that the correct tools be utilized to solve the most important problems affecting our customer’s satisfaction, quality, cost, and delivery.
- Ability to develop and implement appropriate companywide measurement systems that drive correct behaviors and support attaining business goals.
- Utilize lean and six sigma methodologies to reduce waste and variation within the operation.
- Willing to set the bar ever higher and see their servant/leader role as being analogous with encouraging and supporting attainment of stretch goals that focus on increasing customer value.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or related discipline, Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years leadership experience.
- 5 years of applied and demonstrated Lean experience.
- Lean certification required.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt required at minimum.
- Experience with change management development and execution.
- Demonstrated experience in applying Lean Six Sigma process improvement methods with evidence of results.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively analyze data to identify trends, performance results, and opportunities for improvement.
- Travel: 75%.
For more information, please email Willa McClain
at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your resume