The Rio Group
Land Acquisitions Manager
Mount Laurel, NJ
Bring your expertise in in Real Estate acquisition, Land Brokering, community development, etc and join our client, a Fortune 500 Residential Development Company that is top 5 in their industry!
- Well Capitalized: $1BB+ organic cash on hand for use in short & long term growth and acquisition deals.
- Motivated Buyer: Corporate approval to buy 1000s of lots / raw developments for future growth in New Jersey.
- Unique multi-brand strategy: Serving all major customer groups with both large and small-scale developments.
What you’ll do:
- Primary responsibility is to find, place under contract, receive governmental approval and close on new land that meets the division’s needs – both raw land and finished lots – across South New Jersey.
- Coordinate, Secure and Organize Land Acquisition Leads:
- Receive and provide initial response plan for all new leads from outside sources
- Title and municipal research and initial “cold call” inquiry for potential land leads
- Provide initial meeting with seller and/or seller’s representative
- Provide all pertinent property description information, seller demands, terms, conditions and contact information to management
- Prepare letters of intent
- Create and foster relationships with landowners, land brokers, title companies, lenders, municipalities other homebuilders, and lot developers
- Analyze the financial aspects of each development opportunity
- Prepare complete financial analysis and pro-forma for properties under consideration for purchase
- Preparation of Corporate Approval Package
- Communicate regularly with city officials
- Negotiate the acquisition of properties with sellers, landowners, attorneys or brokers
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years of real estate/land acquisition and negotiation/brokering experience, preferably related to residential development.
- Experience working with landowners, land brokers, title companies, lenders, municipalities, engineers, other homebuilders, and lot developers.
- Knowledge of market research tools and of GIS mapping applications and Google Earth would be a plus.
- Working knowledge of zoning and land use practices, development standards, and utility solutions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications with advanced skills in Excel Ability to read and interpret lot plans, plat plans.
- Ability to create/implement work plans, prepare written materials, articulate goals and action plans for corporate review.
For more information, please email Willa McClain
at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your resume
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com