Land Acquisitions Associate
Bring your expertise in Real Estate acquisition, Land Brokering, community development, etc and join our client, a Fortune 500 Residential Development Company that is #1 in their industry!
- Industry and Local Leader: Top company in their industry and #2 in the Florida market
- Stability / Capital Commitment: Recent mammoth reinvestment in division land position looking to secure 1000s of new lots across Marion and Alachua counties.
- Local Focus: Work on deals in your backyard, not halfway across the country
- Growth Potential: Gain experience in a highly visible role in a high-growth division and fast track into future leadership roles.
What you’ll do:
- Primary responsibility is to find, place under contract, receive governmental approval and close on new land that meets the division’s needs – both raw land and finished lots – across Marion and Alachua counties.
- Coordinate, Secure and Organize Land Acquisition Leads:
- Receive and provide initial response plan for all new leads from outside sources.
- Title and municipal research and initial “cold call” inquiry for potential land leads.
- Provide an initial meeting with the seller and/or seller’s representative.
- Provide all pertinent property description information, seller demands, terms, conditions and contact information to management.
- Prepare letters of intent.
- Create and foster relationships with landowners, land brokers, title companies, lenders, municipalities other homebuilders, and lot developers.
- Analyze the financial aspects of each development opportunity.
- Prepare complete financial analysis and Pro-forma for properties under consideration for purchase.
- Preparation of Corporate Approval Package.
- Communicate regularly with city officials.
- Negotiate the acquisition of properties with sellers, landowners, attorneys or brokers.
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years of real estate/land acquisition and negotiation/brokering experience, preferably related to residential development.
- Experience working with landowners, land brokers, title companies, lenders, municipalities, engineers, other homebuilders, and lot developers.
- Knowledge of market research tools and of GIS mapping applications and Google Earth would be a plus.
- Working knowledge of zoning and land-use practices, development standards, and utility solutions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications with advanced skills in Excel Ability to read and interpret lot plans, plat plans.
- Ability to create/implement work plans, prepare written materials, articulate goals and action plans for corporate review.
For more information, please email Mike Sachs
at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your resume