New York, NY
A global biotech company based in NYC. This highly dynamic team is seeking a Financial Controller who will play a key leadership role in one of their subsidiaries.
Stronghold: Global leader valued at $7B.
- Innovation: Investors are pouring in due to the innovative strategy of this growing organization.
- Impact: Lead the financial function for a growing and visible subsidiary.
- Promotion: Countless opportunities for internal promotion.
What you will do:
- Lead and develop global accounting capabilities, including billing, accounts payable, payroll, consumer and enterprise billing and collections, and cash application functions.
- Manage monthly close process, ensuring timely and accurate completion of all tasks, with attention to reporting, and operating expense accruals.
- Review and approve monthly trial balance.
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of accounting records and financial systems.
- Produce statutory accounts and manage the audit cycle, as required in accordance with local regulations.
- Ensure timely financial and management reporting to external stakeholders, including monthly and quarterly financial packages for parent company books.
Financial Management & Controls
- Active management of overhead and supporting the business in finding cost savings.
- Develop and maintain a best in practice internal control environment.
- Provide expertise on financial reporting, tax, and compliance matters.
- Establish and maintain formal accounting policies, practices, and procedures to ensure US and local GAAP compliance.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Implement continuous improvement opportunities in all areas of responsibility.
- Support the execution and implementation of the company’s global tax strategy.
- Assist in providing tax advisory to mitigate tax risks and exposure.
- Team with the Director at the parent company to ensure all relevant tax deadlines and regulations are satisfied.
- Monitor business performance and cash flow/projections.
- Support strategic planning through financial planning and analysis responsibilities.
- Own the market specific payroll process and aggregate reporting for the region.
- Maintain a stable relationship with outsourced vendors and monitor trends/variances.
- Manage the indirect procurement process.
- Direct all disbursement/treasury operation activity.
- Manage the travel and expense process and ensure policy compliance.
- Oversee end-to-end accounts payable and receivable processes across shared services and treasury, ensuring alignment across teams to improve process and drive efficiency.
- Review weekly and monthly cash forecasts for region prepared by regional treasury team.
- Monitor debt levels, bank account activity, and other treasury matters; ensure compliance.
- Implement change in management culture by challenging and replacing established processes and procedures where necessary.
- Give direction and leadership towards achieving overall strategy, annual goals, and objectives.
- Keep key stakeholders up to date on progress against key milestones.
- Ensure consistent and timely execution against objectives and key results. Represent BU in senior leadership discussions.
What you will need:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or other quantitative focus.
- Significant experience at Financial Controller level – at least 8+ years Finance equivalent functions; 5+ years of experience in senior finance roles (Consulting, Big 4, etc.) a big plus.
- Experience in fast-paced, start-up environments is preferred – able to work comfortably under pressure, frequently changing landscape and tight deadlines.
- A strategic thinker with excellent business judgment.
- Highly motivated and willing to take on multiple responsibilities at once.
- Resourceful and relentless: Independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources, and delivering results in challenging situations.
- Highly Innovative problem solver possessing strong interpersonal, multi-tasking, organizational, project planning skills, and a demonstrated ability to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to deal with complex problems and present recommendations and findings in a clear, concise format.
- Quick and scrappy learner who adapts well to a fast-moving environment and gets things done, combines creativity, problem-solving skills, and a can-do attitude to overcome any obstacle.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
For more information, please email Holly Johnson
at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your resume