Auto Cad/Engineer: Design of Warehousing and Transportation Solutions
Bring your expertise in manufacturing, 3PL, Supply Chain Pricing and join a top 10 distribution and fulfillment company that is focused on improving costing/pricing, facility layout, new facility transitions, continuous improvements within all areas. The company is looking for a Sr Manager that is excited about the change!
- Sustainability: Been in business since 1950 – exceeding 600 million in revenue
- Top 10: Top 10 Logistics Provider.
- Reputation: Fully integrated logistics provider managing over 90 distribution facilities with more than 30 million square feet of space. The company serves over 200 clients with varying logistics needs.
What you’ll do:
The Solutions Engineer is responsible for the design concept to construction ready for warehousing and transportation solutions. This may range from a basic, highly manual pallet in/out operations to complex omnichannel operations which may include automation solutions (i.e. conveyance, sortation and robotics). A key function of this role is developing models, simulations and emulate processes and solutions to prove design assumption – while ensuring adequate project management.
- Design warehousing and transportation solutions from concept to construction ready for a basic pallet in /pallet out highly manual operations to complex omnichannel operations which include automation solutions (i.e. conveyance, sortation, robotics, etc.) ensuring proper measures are taken to prove design assumptions.
- Space planning and layout design with the ability to extensively use CAD.
- Process and value stream design and mapping; assess the effectiveness of processes currently in place.
- Solid understanding of financial aspects of business for all methods of pricing (i.e. management fee, unit rate, storage and handling, and alternative methods) and utilization (or creation) of pricing models to cost a solution.
- Partner with cross-functional teams (i.e. real estate, information technology, operations, transportation, human resources, accounting, etc.) to ensure pricing models are all-inclusive.
- Liaison with vendors and/or contractors to define, bid, negotiate, storage and material handling equipment; partner with procurement as needed.
- Analyze and interpret client data and perform information gathering onsite visits to customers (or prospective customers) with discretion and confidentiality. Familiar with MOST for determining production rate estimates within operations.
- Perform network optimization consulting and operations audits, including reviewing existing processes for effectiveness and develop ROIs, and recommended performance standards and metrics.
- Effectively manage diverse projects across various operational verticals and customer networks; frequently with tight deadlines with extreme accuracy.
- Present information to a varied audience, including but not limited to, internal leadership and external clients in a way that clearly articulates the proposal and commands their confidence.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering field or other Engineering field required.
- Minimum 5 years of direct experience in supply chain engineering or related design role required. Prior engineering experience expected in addition to 5 years dedicated to e-commerce solution designs.
- Expert knowledge and usage of warehouse layout drawing in AutoCAD.
- PMP designation preferred.
- Advance ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, verbal, diagram or schedule form.
- Effective communication skills and proven success in interacting with the client (relationship building).
- Advance MS Office skills (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Access.).
For more information, please email Willa McClain
at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your resume