Area Construction Manager
Primary Responsibilities Summary: The Area Manager is the front-line support manager for day-to-day construction activities, monitors the onsite builder’s activities/schedules to ensure things go as planned, and foresee and address issues that will negatively impact the construction schedule/budget before they occur. The ACM plays a key role in developing, implementing, and enforcing company policies, values, and procedures with the construction team.
What You’ll Do:
- Communicate with builders daily to record activities or pending issues.
- Walk houses bi-weekly and validate construction reporting and schedules.
- Meet with every builder every week to work/adjust construction schedules.
- Monitor job starts and closing schedules and make sure the construction team is prepared.
- Oversee the change order process from start to finish and compel the process to its completion.
- Validate that homes are being built according to plans and specs.
- Monitor job sites for safety and report any issues to the supervisor.
- Monitor material management and coordinate with purchasing to minimize EPO’s or Credits.
- Monitor job site security from a loss prevention perspective.
- Ensure job sites are clean and safe at all times and report any issues.
- Monitor quality checklist to make sure they are being adhered to and are being reported.
- Support onsite builders with regard to managing distributed sites (Covering for an inspection, Etc.).
- Initial point of contact for escalated customer service issues related to construction.
- Drive value-engineering efforts to ensure the most cost-effective product and provide recommendations to reduce costs and work.
- Monitor areas in the home vulnerable to water penetration and ensure properly constructed.
- Stay current with municipality codes and report any changes.
- Monitor relationships with trade partners and report any issues that arise.
- Assist in creating and implementing processes and procedures to continually improve Quality, Cycle time and Cost.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience managing a minimum of 4 superintendents or project managers in residential construction.
- Leadership Experience; Coaching, evaluating, and supervising a team of superintendents.
- BuildPro a plus (not required).
- Must have a vehicle, a valid driver’s license, and be willing to travel.
For more information, please email Maria Hamilton
at email@example.com and include your resume