VP of Land Investments and Development
Bring your executive-level experience in residential single-family real estate development and land acquisitions and join our client – the fastest growing publicly traded residential real estate development company in the country!
- Capital Being Deployed: Company has deployed more capital into new developments / new markets since 2017 than in the entire history of the company combined.
- Well Capitalized, Long Runway: Billion’s more insecure institutional capital slated to be injected into future developments to become the largest publicly traded residential real estate developer in the country.
- Start a New Operation: Opportunity to start an expansion office and build a team of development professionals.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the efforts related to the acquisition and development of real estate projects (land) across a specified market.
- Recruit and develop necessary team members to execute and achieve the regions’ goals.
- Directly manage marketing efforts, relationships and lot sale transactions with homebuilder clients.
- Negotiating the acquisition of properties with landowners, attorneys or brokers.
- As part of the project capitalization, overseeing the formation and implementation of any special financing districts (MUD, FWSD, PID, TIRZ, etc.).
- Prepare memoranda and other documentation and analytics for corporate approval for land buys.
- Managing due diligence process on land acquisition opportunities, including initial master planning work in close coordination with internal design and land development teams.
- Overseeing and implementing all aspects of real estate entitlement including annexation, zoning, platting, permitting & licensing, use restrictions, capacity reservations, vesting, development agreements, tax abatements and other activities. Managing consultants needed to assist in the activities mentioned above.
- Securing approvals for development and construction with federal, state and local jurisdiction officials.
- Overseeing preparation of plats and plans supervises the bid process for construction contractors.
- Monitoring development phases and entitlement processes post-closing.
- Overseeing all ongoing property maintenance and HOA management (including the creation).
- Building and maintain relationships with home builders as well as commercial builders.
- Assists with negotiations for the sale of residential lots to homebuilders as well as commercial tracts.
- Responsible for financial administration and overall performance of all projects including budgeting and forecasting, variance analysis, risk management, sustainability programs.
- Represent the company at industry functions and organizations.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 8+ years of senior-level experience acquiring and developing land for a residential product.
- A strong financial real estate and due diligence background to justify investment opportunities.
- A strong background in raw land entitlement and development.
- Knowledge of the Denver land market to include experience developing relationships and presenting to local landowners, civic officials, zoning officials, etc would be a strong benefit.
- Experience working within a “growth environment” for a firm going through heavy expansion would be a plus.
For more information, please email Maria Hamilton
at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your resume