Senior Purchasing Agent
Bring your experience in building material or supply, construction trades, contracts negotiation, homebuilding purchasing, etc and join our client – the #1 homebuilder Florida.
- Industry and Local Leader: #1 builder West/Central FL – commands majority of new home construction market share from Sarasota to Gainesville.
- Strong Position and Capital Commitment: 10,000s of lots secured ahead + $1BB organic cash on hand committed to using in short/long term growth around greater Central/West Florida area.
- Expanding division: Position is open due to market expansion and growth.
- Growth Potential: Gain valuable experience in a high-growth region and fast track into future departmental leadership roles as the division continues to increase in size.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the purchasing operations (labor and material) for the Greater Ocala / Gainesville area leading day-to-day community level purchasing including bidding, entering into negotiations with suppliers, contract formulation, blueprint and design changes, and any supplier management conditions affecting the division.
- Develop and maintain manufacturing operations business plans to include all program requirements, labor hours, cycle, production costs and image.
- Develop and manage purchasing and procurement policies, procedures and objectives to procure resources and supplies at the lowest total cost consistent with approved quality and delivery standards.
- Provide input to the development of product strategy and R&D of new and emerging products.
- Establish production and quality control standards, develop budget and cost controls, obtain data regarding types, quantities, specifications and delivery dates of products ordered.
- Provide guidance to the development of a manufacturing process plan, including personnel requirements, material needs, subcontract requirements, facility needs and tooling and equipment needs.
Follow company business processes and sourcing guidelines for supplier management:
- Solicit bids, Pre-qualify subcontractors.
- Setup and monitor option costs and sales prices.
- Maintain and update current budgets.
- Spread revised bids and obtain approval for any price increases.
- Prepare direct costs analysis and variances for review.
- Execute lot starts and final proof all unit costs.
What you’ll need:
- Extensive knowledge of the Ocala Gainesville construction scene and trade base is required.
- Extensive experience recruiting, negotiating and contracting for a wide variety of trade categories including excavation, foundation and framing labor + materials, etc would be a big plus.
- Extensive experience selling building material to local trades or contractors would be applicable.
- Experience creating community-wide construction budgets.
- Ability to negotiate in the cost transparent environment and develop/improve vendor partnerships.
- Experience with JD Edwards software is highly preferred.
For more information, please email Jeremy Chaffin
At email@example.com and include your resume