New York, New York
A global biotech company based in NYC. This highly dynamic team is seeking a Sr. Accountant who will be responsible for general accounting functions, including accruals, intercompany transactions, share-based compensation, etc. The role will interact with several groups across the organization.
- Stronghold: Global leader.
- Innovation: Investors are pouring in due to the innovative strategy of this growing organization.
- Impact: Exposure to several groups across the organization as well as multiple BU’s.
- Promotion: Countless opportunities for internal promotion.
What you will do:
- Perform general accounting functions as assigned, including prepare, post and reconcile transactions for various general ledger accounts.
- Perform month-end account reconciliations.
- Ensure prepared accounting records are properly maintained in the general ledgers.
- Assists with the quarterly review and annual audits by independent auditors, as directed.
- Identify and implement process and performance improvements.
- Special projects as needed.
What you will need:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or other quantitative focus.
- CPA required.
- Big 4 is a plus.
- Experience in fast-paced, start-up environments is preferred – able to work comfortably under pressure, frequently changing landscape and tight deadlines.
- A strategic thinker with excellent business judgment.
- Highly motivated and willing to take on multiple responsibilities at once.
- Resourceful and relentless: Independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources, and delivering results in challenging situations.
- Highly Innovative problem solver possessing strong interpersonal, multi-tasking, organizational, project planning skills, and a demonstrated ability to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to deal with complex problems and present recommendations and findings in a clear, concise format.
- Quick and scrappy learner who adapts well to a fast-moving environment and gets things done, combines creativity, problem-solving skills, and a can-do attitude to overcome any obstacle.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel.
For more information, please email Holly Johnson
at email@example.com and include your resume