Regional Director of Land Development
Bring your experience in residential or homebuilding land development, civil engineering, forward planning, etc and join our client – the fastest growing publicly traded residential real estate development company in the country!
- Cash Heavy: Our client has deployed more capital into new developments / new markets since 2017 than in the entire history of the company combined.
- On Their Way to #1: Aided by their new partnership with a top National Homebuilder, our client has aggressive plans to 10x in size and become the largest publicly traded land developer in the USA.
- Exposure to Executives: Smaller company feel with a flatter org chat and an involved C-Suite.
- Stability & Growth: Position is open due to market expansion and growth, with several more operations in North and South Carolina slated to come online in the next 5 years.
What you’ll do:
- Lead all due diligence and land development functions for a Charlotte and surrounding North and South Carolina expansion markets.
- Involvement with lot sales to homebuilder clients.
- Operations management for all construction activity and will assist with certain due diligence activities on future acquisitions.
- Select construction vendors and suppliers.
- Execution of Community Development plans including construction of streets, utilities (wet and dry), amenities, common areas, stormwater management facilities and entrances.
- Create and maintain development budgets.
- Review and approve monthly contractor pay applications.
- Interact with county and/or municipal governments on various issues surrounding permitting and construction.
- Coordinate and direct civil engineers in land development permitting and construction of communities.
- Responsible for preliminary and final platting of developments.
- Oversight of NPDES inspections, reporting, and documentation on all projects under development.
- Management of builder group to ensure compliance with contract terms and proper operation.
- Ensure clean and safe conditions within all communities at all times.
- Attend various community and/or governmental meetings.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or equivalent.
- 10+ years’ experience in site planning, land development or related positions for a residential product is required.
- PE License would be a plus.
- Experience managing a large number of development projects at a time is highly desired.
- Strong communication, public speaking, and leadership skills.
- Basic knowledge of fundamental civil/geotechnical engineering and surveying.
For more information, please email Michael Sachs
at email@example.com and include your resume