Bloomfield Hills, MI
Buyer or Purchasing Agent: join an organization that manufactures one of the most expensive products a consumer will ever buy!!!
Our client has made a commitment to implement an executable, strategic vision to reinvent the procurement/supply chain function. This is an excellent opportunity for someone that enjoys using sophisticated purchasing/supply chain/Lean methodologies to effectively manage suppliers, costs, etc.
- Fortune 250
- 50 Markets: Operations in approximately 50 major metro markets.
- Unique Multi-Brand Strategy: The Company employs a unique multi-brand strategy to serve all major customer groups.
- JD Powers: Known for excellence and quality – has been at the top of JD Powers list year after year and continues to win awards for innovation of product.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for local supplier selection based on defined category selection criteria (i.e. cost, quality, productivity, service).
- Responsible for managing supplier relationships within the Division (i.e. cost, quality, productivity, service).
- Collaborate with Local Design, Scheduling, Field Ops, and Process Improvement.
What you’ll need:
- Business acumen including the interpretation of income statements, balance sheets, and cost structures.
- Purchasing and supply chain experience (2+ years).
- Ability to negotiate in a cost transparent environment and achieve should cost.
- Ability to develop and improve vendor partnerships.
- Ability to work in a continuous improvement environment.
- Strong IT Skills (MS Office Suite, Buzzsaw, Lawson, e-Procurement, JD Edwards, AS400 or similar purchasing / accounting programs).
For more information, please email LeAnne Thomas
at email@example.com and include your resume