Operations Supervisor – 1st Shift
Social Circle, GA
Bring your expertise and in Manufacturing Operations as an Operations Supervisor or Lead Supervisor and join a top 10 distribution and fulfillment company. This company is looking for an Engaging Operations Manager who is looking for an opportunity to take a proactive approach to evaluate and improve current procedures.
- Sustainability: Been in business since 1950 – exceeding 600 million in revenue
- Top 10: Top 10 Logistics Provider
- Reputation: Fully integrated logistics provider managing over 90 distribution facilities with more than 30 million square feet of space. Company serves over 200 clients with varying logistics needs.
What you’ll do:
The Operations Supervisor collaborates with customers, carriers, planners and operations to create, implement, troubleshoot and monitor process design and implementation. The Operations Manager is a high-level mentor to their designated teams, including, Case Pick, Case Packing, Flow Through, Picking, Packing, Labeling, and Loading teams. The Manager will coach and mentor team members on fundamental behaviors, safety, quality, best operational and process methods, technical skills and continuous improvement. The Operations Manager will lead the implementation of process improvements via Kaizen Events, 8D Problem Solving or suggestions from co-workers to improve safety, quality and/or profitability; and coach team members to ensure on-time delivery of parts that meet or exceed world-class (internal/external) expectations.
- Responsibilities for all inbound receiving and outbound shipping functions across 24/7 – 3 shift operation.
- Responsible for Just In Time (JIT) Inventory delivery to the manufacturing lines
- Maintain staffing levels consistent with forecasted volume.
- Management of personnel to ensure compliance with standard operating procedures, site policies, and workload leveling.
- Builds customer relationships, interprets customer needs and assesses their business requirements.
- Daily monitors the processes of the team members and troubleshoots processes
- Utilize daily standard work for self and direct reports to reinforce a culture of discipline and consistent practices.
- Lead the implementation of process improvements through Kaizen Events, 8D Problem Solving, and other continuous improvement tools.
- Understands Lean management and 100% adherence to standardized processes.
- Institutionalize 5S in all aspects of the department.
- Ensure OSHA safety requirements are being met and that company safety processes are followed to ensure a safe working environment.
- Foster a Lean culture at the facilities driving continuous improvement while maintaining a high safety standard.
- Establishing Goals and Objectives for all shift and department supervisors
- Other duties may be assigned by the Site Manager.
What you’ll need:
- The ideal candidate will have an Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering or related bachelor degree, plus three-five years of manufacturing experience preferably in a parts distribution or materials movement environment; or five to ten years of related progressive manufacturing experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience managing in a lean management structure (e.g. manufacturing, supply chain, automotive, aerospace operations, etc.) required.
- Lean 6 Sigma Green Belt Certification preferred.
- SAP warehouse management system experience highly desired, but not required.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-tasking environment; demonstrated ability to work effectively under stress and pressure; ability to manage multiple projects and meet specific goals and deadlines.
- Experience in a defect-free operational environment.
- Ability to accurately execute role, proactively take responsibility, and manage priorities with minimal guidance.
- Track record of maintaining high-quality standards for the organization.
For more information, please email Holly Johnson
at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your resume