Land Development Manager
Are you looking for a long-term construction leadership role with high growth potential? Bring your experience in Residential Land Acquisition and Development, etc and join a Builder that is one of the largest and most trusted affordable homebuilders in Texas.
- Stability: Over 40 years of operating Experience with over $420 million in revenue.
- Leadership: This person will have direct exposure/influence opportunity with the Executive leadership.
- Customer Commitment: known for offering homebuyers an exceptional experience before, during and after the purchase of their new home.
What you’ll do:
The Development Manager oversees the development process from platting to final development in Company developments. The Development Manager will oversee, coordinate and approve work product of all development contractors and authorize payments. This position also coordinates Company development activities with and obtains necessary approvals from municipal utility districts and any applicable governmental authorities, serves as a developer representative on homeowner association boards and liaises with associations as necessary regarding community development activities.
- Residential Development:
- Oversee, coordinate and evaluate the work of contractors, utility companies, outside engineers, land planners, and other consultants relative to development and other project goals and timelines.
- Manage the approval process of plats and engineering plans by all governmental agencies and attend related Planning and Zoning Commission, City Council, and County Commissioners’ Court meetings.
- Evaluate and review development bids from independent contractors and make recommendations on the selection of contractors.
- Monitor contractors’ progress through on-site evaluation and observation.
- Obtain final subdivision approval from City and/or County.
- Coordinate installation of franchise utilities (electric, gas, phone & cable).
- Monitor project schedules and revise as necessary.
- Review and recommend modifications to preliminary plats.
- Receive all contractor draws and review and approve for payment.
- Assist in conducting acquisition analysis studies and due diligence investigations.
- Municipal Utility Districts:
- Attend board meetings as a developer representative.
- Work with attorneys and financial advisor on any bond offerings.
- Coordinate development activities with District Engineer.
- Homeowner Associations:
- Serve as a board member on association boards as needed.
- Attend CIA meetings as developer representative. Make recommendations concerning association business.
- Supervise maintenance of association property.
- Professional Development:
- Maintain knowledge base in the development and platting process for various local municipalities.
- Maintain computer proficiency, particularly with Excel.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Executive Vice President of Land Development.
- Land Acquisition:
- Be involved and apart of land feasibilities and analysis
What you’ll need:
- Requires college degree in Civil Engineering, MBA preferred.
- Requires 8 years of relevant land development experience.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate effectively and professionally with outside professional consultants and contractors both verbally and in writing.
- Effectively work with engineering and planning departments of local municipalities and counties.
- Thorough understanding of engineering design principles as they apply to land development projects.
- Understanding of Texas Municipal Utility Districts (MUDs) and how they relate to land development projects.
- Able to read and comprehend complex instructions, reports, correspondence, blueprints, construction plans, plats, and development plans. Ability to write correspondence and reports.
- Ability to manage and forecast the progress and performance of one or more projects.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships and communicate with others effectively, both orally and in writing, in a professional and competent manner.
- Demonstrated computer skills including a working knowledge of MS Office products, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- The ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers, fractions and decimals, to compute percentages, and to perform basic algebra and
- Demonstrated organization and time management, which includes the ability to multi-task and run multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining thoroughness and precision.
- A team-oriented, proactive and adaptable work ethic.
For more information, please email Willa McClain
at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your resume