Bring your expertise as an Industrial Engineer and join a top 10 distribution and fulfillment company that is focused on improving costing/pricing, facility layout, new facility transitions, continuous improvements within all areas. The company is looking for an IE that is excited about change: can analyze various business functions and make improvement recommendations.
- Sustainability: Been in business since 1950 – exceeding 600 million in revenue
- Top 10: Top 10 Logistics Provider.
- Reputation: Fully integrated logistics provider managing over 90 distribution facilities with more than 30 million square feet of space. The company serves over 200 clients with varying logistics needs.
What you’ll do:
- The Industrial Engineer (IE) will be responsible for, but not limited to performing engineering duties on a site level. The role of Industrial Engineer is to be a catalyst for change and bring about continuous and sustained improvement. The measurement of success in this position will be based on a qualitative and quantitative review of the impact in the areas of:
- Best Methods development and cost reduction leadership
- Work measurement development, implementation, and program maintenance
- Project Management
- Partner closely with Customers and Company Operations to achieve project results
- Track value (VCI) created from all assigned projects
- Ensure Work Measurement systems are developed, implemented and effective
- Ensure warehouse flow, conduct zoning, and slotting assessments, profile analysis etc.
- Continuous Improvement of the Companies Operating System (KOS)
- Technical ability to perform the following to the satisfaction of our clients:
- Line Balancing and one-piece flow analysis.
- Zoning/slotting and Profile analysis.
- Takt time methods.
- Project Management abilities.
- Value Stream Mapping (VSM), process mapping and data collection.
- Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA).
- Process Capability and performance (Cp/Cpk).
- Exploratory Data Analysis, Hypothesis Testing, and Analytical methods.
- Process Improvement Methods.
- Waste Analysis (VA-NVA).
- Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Control Charting and Control Planning.
- Gain input from customer’s to define project priority, set goals and objectives and obtain feedback on performance.
- Ability to align the organization around lean principles and drive the establishment of lean systems in all areas through the use of Hoshin planning activities.
- Ensure that the correct tools be utilized to solve the most important problems affecting our customer’s satisfaction, quality, cost, and delivery.
- Ability to develop and implement appropriate companywide measurement systems that drive correct behaviors and support attaining business goals.
- Utilize lean and six sigma methodologies to reduce waste and variation within the operation.
- Willing to set the bar ever higher and see their servant/leader role as being analogous with encouraging and supporting attainment of stretch goals that focus on increasing customer value.
What you’ll need:
- Strong understanding of and prior work experience with Supply Chain strategies.
- Operational experience in a distribution/warehousing/transportation environment.
- Strong financial background, with the ability to understand and interpret data needed to communicate the financial impact of chosen strategies to Kenco staff and the customer.
- Strong presentation and project management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial or Logistics Engineering or related discipline.
- 5 years of applied experience in a distribution setting (or 3PL) preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt required.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt preferred.
- Lean certification preferred.
- Experience in a customer facing role defining expectations and achieving results.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively analyze data to identify trends, performance results, and opportunities for improvement.
For more information, please email Mary Hood
at email@example.com and include your resume