Group Leader – Bridges
- Success: Global diversified leader in bridge design with established credibility.
- Visibility: Expand the current team in an already successful discipline.
- Exposure: This position will partner on well-known global projects.
- Flexibility: The company is willing to open an office in Boston – location is flexible.
- Compensation: Strong compensation package.
What you will do:
- This position will focus on client relationships and project management, both internal and external to the company.
- Serves as a champion for bridge design marketing/business development at the Unit level.
- Shared responsibility with Unit Manager for securing adequate bridge design workload.
- Shared responsibility for the preparation of fee proposals and negotiations with the client.
- Lead responsibility for directing and managing assigned projects.
- Lead responsibility for managing project team, supervising direct reports and training and mentoring assigned staff.
- Preparation and tracking of group project schedules and delivery of projects on-time.
- Supervision and coaching of other Client Managers, Project Managers, and technical staff as required.
- Responsible for project quality.
- Assures QA/QC processes are completed on each project.
- Support for staff development and mentoring.
- Learn, understand and be able to communicate capabilities, locally and nationally in delivering bridge projects.
- Develop/maintain relationships with current and potential clients and teaming partners.
- Serve as Client Manager for certain clients, when requested.
- Participate in decisions for projects.
- Proposal preparation.
- Assist in and lead, when requested, preparation and delivery of winning proposals.
- Prepare scope/schedule text.
- Prepare/review fees estimates.
- Negotiation with staff, client, and sub-consultants.
- Client/Project Specific Functions.
- Provides a significant contribution to winning projects as Project Manager or key team member.
- Directs the preparation, tracking, and submission of the deliverables for assigned projects and the delivery of those projects on-time.
- Preparation and tracking of project work tasks and budgets and delivery of projects within budgets.
- Communication with clients, negotiation of fees for additional services and delivery of contract modifications for such services.
- Client contact and communication.
- Managing Client expectations and assuring client satisfaction related to the project.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited engineering curriculum.
- Graduate level education desirable.
- Professional Engineer’s License.
- Significant experience in bridge-related projects, preferably in the northern New England region.
- Experience as Project Manager for significant bridge projects for public agency required.
- Working experience with New England public agencies preferred.
For more information, please email Cindy McNeirney
at email@example.com and include your resume