Director of Purchasing and Architecture
Bring your homebuilding experience in construction, purchasing, cost, architecture, operations, etc. and join our client, one of the fastest growing national homebuilders in a start-up market.
- More Responsibility/Opportunity: Be one of the first few employees in the door – lay the groundwork for global procurement strategy of a start-up homebuilding division.
- Capital Commitment: $250MM national fund fueling local investments *owner controlled*.
- Innovative Culture: Looking for a professional with a bias for action to drive this function with creativity and innovation, not micromanagement.
What you’ll do:
- Lead all purchasing, estimating and architecture functions.
- Manage personnel and activities related to operations and development of company products.
- Develop and maintain manufacturing operations business plans to include all program requirements, labor hours, cycle, production costs and image.
- Develop and manage purchasing and procurement policies, procedures and objectives to procure resources and supplies at the lowest total cost consistent with approved quality and delivery standards.
- Provide input to the development of product strategy and R&D of new and emerging products.
- Establish production and quality control standards, develop budget and cost controls, obtain data regarding types, quantities, specifications and delivery dates of products ordered.
- Provide guidance on the development of a manufacturing process plan, including personnel requirements, material needs, subcontract requirements, facility needs and tooling and equipment needs.
- Review production and operating reports and direct the resolution of operational, manufacturing and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Determine the responsibilities of assigned organization and staff positions to accomplish business objectives.
- Train and ensure all assigned employees are aware of and comply with company, government and customer policies, procedures and regulations.
- Champion of the back office system.
What you’ll need:
- 8+ years’ experience with a production homebuilder / 4+ years’ purchasing experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in a management-level position with a reputable construction organization (production homebuilder preferred).
- 3+ years’ experience related to architecture or product design is highly preferred.
- High school diploma/GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of Virginia municipal permitting and regulations is a plus.
- Patience and ability to maintain focus within a “start-up environment”.
For more information, please email Mike Sachs
at email@example.com include your resume