Community Construction Manager – Residential/Production
Palm Harbor, FL
Bring your residential production experience as a Builder, Superintendent, Construction Manager, Project Manager, Foreman, and join a Fortune 500 home builder in one the company’s fastest growing regions.
- Industry and local leader: Top national homebuilder and market share leader.
- Stability & Expansion: Commitment to continued land acquisition with years of lots secured ahead + strong financial commitment to exponentially grow the area.
- Compensation & Advancement: Competitive base salary plus quarterly production-based bonus; multiple, organic-growth and diverse promotional paths.
What you’ll do:
Managing all functions of job sites in specific developments in the area as it relates to new home construction. Manage construction of multiple homes and multi-family units from dirt through closing while maximizing profits and maintaining excellence in quality and customer service.
- Schedule all involved contractors on-site as well as off-site for each phase of development and construction. Complete each home site on schedule from planning through occupancy, ensuring that all contract obligations are satisfied. Approves work being performed by subcontractors and handles any issues that may arise.
- Achieve the highest quality work and homeowner satisfaction through effective management of resources and the construction process
- Ensure job sites adhere to company safety and SWPPP standards
- Assist in resolving issues/conflicts related to daily construction activities (e.g., vendor contracts, work orders, job progress, design)
- Confirm all approved plans to verify the home site is built per plan and specifications. Ensure that the selected options and upgrades are implemented during construction and for homeowner walk-through
- Maintain a safe work site by implementing good housekeeping regulations and safety requirements, enforcing safe work habits and observing OSHA and any state-level agencies’ regulations
- Be aware of ever-changing applicable building codes and OSHA requirements
- Monitor subdivision cleanliness and hold the subcontractors responsible for daily clean-up
- Conduct detailed inspections after each trade has completed its tasks and before any work is authorized for payment.
- Establish and maintain contact with appropriate city officials and inspectors as needed and verify that the city final is complete and passed by the city inspector.
- Manage project close-out and final documentation.
- Collaborate with trade partners throughout the construction process and first-year warranty to improve quality and efficiency.
- Total involvement with training, communication and development of Assistant Superintendents and field personnel as assigned.
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years of previous or current construction related field management experience required
- Spec, tract or production homebuilding experience highly preferred
- High school diploma/GED required, bachelor’s degree preferred
- Valid Driver’s license
- High-potential leadership skills – numerous promotional opportunities down the road
- Knowledge of municipal permitting and regulations, construction management, construction related software (E-Schedule) and Oregon building codes
- Ability to read blueprints, write and communicate effectively, make correct decisions, and delegate work effectively
- Self-starter with the ability to produce homes on time and within the budget.
For more information, please email Jeremy Chaffin
at email@example.com and include your resume