Senior Project Manager/Senior Transportation Engineer
San Diego, CA
- High Profile: Global engineering firm with great, established relationships with state/local agencies.
- Visibility: Lead large, complex projects as well as associated teams across all transportation services.
- Growth: Promote from within the culture and unmatched promotional opportunities.
- Compensation: Generous compensation package!
Senior Project Manager/seller-doer with expertise in transportation and infrastructure project development and delivery. This position will cover a workload of diverse projects, likely ranging from the roadway to rail/transit to aviation. The duties include planning and directing the execution of projects, mentoring assistant project managers and project engineers, performing business development activities, serving as pursuit manager and client manager, and preparing marketing proposals and presentations.
What you will do:
- Project Management and client management on transportation or transportation-related projects.
- Develop production work plans, schedules, and budgets.
- Single point of contact of all client communications.
- Work with other project managers and unit manager to establish contract budgets and scopes of work.
- Lead roadway project team in analysis and design. Oversee performance of a complex design.
- Ensure proper codes and standards are being used on projects.
- Work with project teams in supervising/mentoring technical staff and assistant project managers.
- Supervise, coordinate and review the work of other engineers and designers.
- Provide the design staff with guidance and assistance on projects.
- Responsible for the successful completion of projects under his/her direction.
- Perform business development, identify leads, attend client marketing meetings and industry events.
- Serve as pursuit manager and lead author for marketing proposals and presentations.
- Lead or assist with contract negotiations.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in roadway design.
- Must have a California P.E. license.
- Relevant engineering and management experience in transportation-related design projects.
- Demonstrated effective team leadership and project management experience, as well as the ability to prepare comprehensive engineering reports.
- Existing relationships with San Diego area transportation clients preferred, as well as knowledge of their policies and procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
For more information, please email Cindy McNeirney
at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your resume