District Sales Representative
McKee Foods is a privately held, family-run company with a history of innovation and a deeply held belief in the importance of doing business with integrity. Founded in 1934 and employing more than 6,000 people corporate-wide, McKee bakes and sells America’s leading snack cake brand, Little Debbie. With annual sales over $1 Billion, McKee’s products are sold in 50 states, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico and U.S. military commissaries overseas.
- Growth: Company is experiencing record sales and continual growth nationwide.
- Stability: Privately held company, nearly 30% of the workforce has been with the organization for 20 years or more.
- Opportunity: Motivated professionals will have the opportunity to add new Distributorships and accounts as well as develop existing accounts for greater sales and higher profit margins.
What You’ll Do:
The District Sales Representative is responsible for customer development, customer relation and communication with independent distributors and retailers. Provide sales assistance to independent distributors and assist them with growing sales of snack cake products.
- Build strong business relationships with each independent distributor in the district through sales assistance.
- Recruit and appoint quality candidates for distributorships.
- Offer quality orientation to new independent distributors.
- Act as liaison between the client and independent distributors.
- Develop good relationships with retailers in the district.
- Gain authorizations for products/product lines, space, and promotions with retailers.
- Communicate with independent distributors on a regular basis.
- Encourage and assist independent distributors with developing business plans.
- Operate a company sales territory when needed and bring the DSR balance to zero within four weeks of ending the territory.
- Assist Distributor Accounts and Retail Accounts Receivable.
- Comply with FSO practices and procedures.
- Operate a company vehicle on a daily basis.
- Communicate job information to accomplish work tasks.
- Exercise personal safety on the job and demonstrate a commitment to the safety of others and our products.
What You’ll Need:
- 2+ total years of account management and or sales leadership experience in the food & beverage or grocery industry.
- Territory includes Buffalo, Batavia, Niagara Falls, Lockport. Candidate needs to live within the district or willing and able to relocate to the district upon accepting a job opportunity.
- Ability to develop accounts and build rapport with new and existing clients and distributors.
- Solid MS Office Skills.
- Ability to work from home.
- Early riser – days typically start at 4:00 AM
- Clear driver’s record.
- Advanced degree, training or military experience is highly preferred.
For more information, please email Kristine Beaubien
at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your resume